Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Shimmer Paint - Tag Pocket

Hello again. 

I have been trying out a technique featured in the latest copy of my stamping magazine. Here are the results, a little tag pocket.


Sorry, not a very clear picture. The shimmery background is achieved by scrunching up some cling film and using it to dab patches of Shimmer Paint (I used the Frost White) on to your card stock. Heat set the paint and then dab ink (I used Pretty in Pink) all over. The paint acts as a resist for the ink and you have a lovely shimmery two-tone background. 


Obviously if you do then stamp over this you will need to dry your image thoroughly or even use a permanent ink. For the tag I just 'shimmered' the left hand side and stamped my image to the right.

All products used from Stampin' Up.

Julia

  

No comments:

Post a Comment