Saturday, October 27, 2012

Nature Walk - A different Style

Hello, and welcome to a chilly weekend. Looking forward to a workshop this afternoon with Julie and her friends, so filling time with this post. I couldn't have said I had time to fill a few weeks ago when I was still working - retirement is good!

Now on to my card, which is a different style for me.


I challenged myself to make something a little different, and something that would not instantly be recognised as Stampin' Up style but to show how versatile all the products are. All stamps, inks, card, paper and embellishments are from SU, the only non SU items I used were a couple of stencils used around the edge of the background paper. 
A closer look ..........


The First Edition background paper has been lightly sponged all over in colours of Summer Starfruit, Gumball Green and Raspberry Ripple with the larger sponges now available in the new catalogue. I then stencilled around the edges with two different patterns in Summer Starfruit and Raspberry Ripple. The background for the bird has been lightly sponged with Summer Starfruit, whereas for the greetings I have stamped the fancy template shape in the Everything Eleanor set to give a stronger colour - then stamped the greetings in black and cut or punched the shapes. 

Stamp sets used are Nature Walk and Aviary - all stamped in black ink.
Greetings from Bring on the Cake.

Back soon,

Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment