Friday, May 25, 2012

Sunny Glorious Britain

What fantastic weather we are having at the moment, and I chose this week to take holdiay from work - how lucky is that!

Showing two cards today, the first is a card I made for my son's birthday. Stamps are from my own stash, but I have used SU colours of Not Quite Navy, Real Red and Basic Black for inks and card stock. I was realy pleased with this card and it was a lot of fun to make. I tried a new technique using a stamp made from triangular shaped off-cuts of rubber over my stamped background. This idea was passed on to me by Carla, via Hayley Gillie (thanks Hayley). If you would like more details on how to make the stamp or how to use it on your background please contact me, details above.


My next card follows on the same theme with a Union Jack flag made from the new Twitterpated designer papers and a stamped background using the Fine Flourish individual stamp.
 


After stamping the flourish I cut it diagonally into four triangles and inked the edges using a sponge dauber. I then added the triangles to the blue patterned paper, adding the red paper strips on top. The crown is from the Clearly for You stamp set. Another fun card to make.

Have a lovely sunny weekend.

Julia





No comments:

Post a Comment