Monday, November 21, 2011

Delicate Doilies Christmas Card

I had a lovely afternoon on Saturday at a workshop for Cath and her friends in the beautiful village of Stockbridge, Hampshire.

I was asked to put more card ideas on my blog, so as promised here is a quick and easy card taken from an idea by Amanda Fowler at Inspiring Inkin here. I have used the Delicate Doilies stamp set to create my card whereas Amanda has used the Serene Snowflakes set.


The doilies have been stamped in a 'flurry' across the card and by using the lightest colour Pool Party first, then Lucky Limeade and finally the darkest colour Island Indigo there is no need to use a masking technique. It is not obvious from my scanned image but I stamped a second image of the focal dark blue doily onto a spare piece of card and punched out the centre, then fixed this on top of the first image using pads to add dimension.

Cardstock colours: Pool Party, Island Indigo and Whisper White.

Back soon, Julia 






No comments:

Post a Comment