Sunday, May 19, 2013

Serene Silhouettes with Everything Eleanor

My card today is a  style I have seen recently referred to as an A Z fold card.


And taken from another angle I think you can see why it is so called.


My base card is 14cm square and the front has been folded in half (as you would for an easel card) but so that the front folds back on itself, rather than being folded inwards. The card will fold flat for posting, but when displayed the front panel is tucked under the embellishment. To raise the embellishment enough to be able to tuck the front panel under I have used two layers of dimensional foam pads on top of each other behind the right hand side of the scallop circle (leave the left side free of foam pads). It would also be a good idea to use two scallop circles stuck together to strengthen the embellishment so that it doesn't bend when tucking the panel behind. 

Colours: Certainly Celery, Rose Red and Marina Mist
Stamps: Serene Silhouettes and Everything Eleanor
Punches: 1 3/8" circle, 1 3/4" scallop circle and Bitty Butterfly
Embossing Folder: Vintage Wallpaper

Back soon.

Julia









1 comment:

  1. Hi Julia
    Another great card I think this would be great for my Mum's birthday at the end of the month. This will be my mission for next week. Julie x

    ReplyDelete